Thursday, April 11, 2013

Turning 40

Hard to believe I woke up one morning and was 40! I mean I don't feel 20 but 40! Come on. Yet here it is! I am not falling into a deep depression or having a midlife crisis nor am I saying "life begins at 40!", like I have heard numerous times since my birthday. Rather it's just another birthday. I do look forward to life in my forties. Lots has happened in the previous twenty years. In my twenties some highlights were- I graduated from college, moved to New Orleans, graduated from seminary, moved to Istanbul, met my husband, and traveled to some great cities in Europe. In my thirties some highlights(or major events) were- getting married, having a baby girl, having a baby boy, moving back to the states, saying good bye to my best friend, who is at home in heaven, then moving to GA, having baby #3, buying our own business, and the best part of my thirties was knowing and trusting Christ in a way I didn't think was possible.

My parents gave me surprise party while home one weekend. Here are some pictures...














No comments: