Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mardi Gras Heaven

If you know me you know that I love Mardi Gras. I know some of you are thinking "how could you?!!" but not all of Mardi Gras is bad. There are parades that are more family oriented and some spots along the parade route that aren't as bad. It is just so much fun catching beads and stuff with friends/family and a bunch of strangers! Anyway, defending my love for Mardi Gras is not the point of this post.

I was able to go to New Orleans during Mardi Gras season this year and on my trip I got to visit Mardi Gras World. This is where they make the floats for the parades and have a kind of a museum of some Mardi Gras stuff. It was fun to see inside some of the floats and see all the beads and loot they throw during the parade. I wish my friends Kelli and Eric were there to share it with me because they love Mardi Gras as much as I do!

one of the floats



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


see the stacks of bags piled up with beads in them!



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing





Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


more beads and stuff to throw!



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

Andrea and Jeff said...

i went to Mardi Gras when i was a kid and got a ton of beads. when i grew up and found out how you get the beeds i was so confused (b/c i knew that's not what this little 7 year old was doing)!

also, i LOVE your outfit (dress/pink cardigan). can i have it when you get tired of it?

love you!