Friday, October 05, 2007

Little Drummer Boy

At 3:15am this morning, as I was sleeping and dreaming, I was awakened by this...

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

I know the video is blank but you can hear the drummer that woke me up! Actually there were two maybe even three drummers walking around my neighborhood last night. Some of you know why but for those who don't let me explain. Right now it is Ramazan in Turkey, which is their holy month. During this month, which started September 12, everyone wakes up early and eats and then fasts from sun up to sun down and then eats again until the sun comes up the next day. So before there were alarm clocks they had drummers come around to wake everyone up but some traditions never die! This is the first time I've heard it in our neighborhood since Ramazan started which as many times as I go to the pee in the middle of the night you think I would have heard before now but I haven't. So tonight as I was dreaming I was thinking, oh, there's a band in my dream but no it was the drummer. So I decided to get up and video him. I could see him even though on the video it is all black. I know your thinking who would get up to do that?! Well I get up anyway to pee all the time anyway due to the pregnancy so one more time wasn't a big deal. And for all of you who miss hearing the drummer you can come to our blog whenever you want to get your fix of the little drummer boy. And he's actually not a boy but more in the range of a 17-30 year old, I would say. So after he was finished I couldn't go back to sleep. It woke Jesse up and so it took him quite a long time to get settled down again. So it was after 4am before I got back to sleep. But for those of you missing the drummer boy then get your fix here!

4 comments:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

I love that!

rindy said...

wow, your drummer boy had quite the fancy little beat going on. none of my previous drummer boys impressed me quite that much. I can't believe you just now heard him. i forgot how loud they were! and, 3:15! geez, the sun doesn't come up till nearly 7, degil mi? gecmis olsun.

Anonymous said...

That sounds about right:). Only thing missing is the muzzein :). Oh miss so much.
Rachel

Unknown said...

Oh man am I glad the drummer days are over! Here they just shoot of a canon, so though jarring it's over and I can roll back over and go to bed. :) Gecmis olsun canimcim!