Thursday, June 14, 2007

Chicken pox and the kitchen corner

Well Bailey got the chicken pox vaccine last week and this week got the chicken pox! She had a fever a couple of days and has some pox on arms, face and legs. She is doing ok. She's been a little grumpy but they don't seem to make her itch. So that's good. Pray she gets over them quickly. Also pray for me because I don't think I had chicken pox. My mom says I didn't have them. But I do remember having the shingles in the 5th grade but my family doesn't remember that. So either I am making it up or being the third child no one paid any attention to me! If I did have shingles I'm ok since it's the same virus. I'm not worried so much for me but the baby. I did have a blood test today that will tell me if I'm immune to the virus or not. So I'll let you know tomorrow.

and it seems Bailey needs to have a corner in each room because she now has a little corner in the kitchen

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

2 comments:

Mandy B Stenberg said...

From a shingles expert . . . . (Had them two years ago)

Shingles come from the chicken pox virus. It is physically impossible to have shingles and NOT have had chicken pox. Shingles are "leftover" chicken pox virus thingys that attach themselves to a nerve and stay there dormant until years and years later . . . then come out due to stress or a suppressed imune system.

I know, that's more than you ever wanted to know. But in fifth grade, you could NOT have had shingles unless you had earlier had chicken pox.

LOVE YOU>

rindy said...

Oh my gosh! gecmis olsun! So were those marks on her pox that we saw when I was there?

Teri and Amy say hi! We all hugged for you. :-) Wish you were here!

Glad you finally took Bailey over to meet Elif. :-) Wish I could eat some of that yummy sigara boregi. Mmm.