Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ayran and Gozleme

On Monday we went to see the progress on our new apartment. So we decided to walk around the neighborhood and then decided to have lunch there. We ate at this little place that only had 3 things on the menu - gozleme, manti and baklava. So we had gozleme. But I forgot Bailey's sippy cup (not a big deal because she rarely uses it) anyway I didn't have anything for her to drink. So I thought let's let her try ayran. For those of you who don't know what that it is - it is a salty yogurt drink. Some say it tastes kind of like buttermilk. And sure enough she loved it! After she had quite a few sips we set it on the table and she did not like that! She wanted more! So she is getting more Turkish everyday! But thank goodness she does love peanut butter and jelly! So I guess for lunch it will be PBJ and ayran! Gross! But she loves it!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


These ladies, who did not want their picture made, were making manti. Manti is kind of like a pasta with a little meat on the inside. They serve yogurt over the top of it after it's been boiled.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


On the way home we saw these working walking across the bridge!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so if im understanding and looking at that bridge picture right, i think your new house is on my side...am i right?elizabeth are you actually moving to asia???? i hope so:)

Gina said...

Manti looks like 'mini-raviolis'. Do they also put cheese in them? Don't think I've had the yogurt drink yet; guess I may have to try it although I'm not sure I will like it! (I DO like baklava though!)