I have had this post in my head for a while but had not been able to write it down. So I finally decided just to go ahead and do it. We've been in the states for almost 7 months now but sometimes it seems much longer. And it is still hard to believe sometimes that we aren't going back to live. So here are a few things that I am missing...(no particular order)
1. Friends...both Turkish and expats.
2. Walking...we walked as a part of everyday life not just for excercise. I miss walking to the bakkal or pazaar.
3. Beyaz Peynir...I would love to have some beyaz peynir and tomatoes right now with green olives!
4. Walking along the Bosphorus.
5. Ordering groceries online and having them delivered to my house.
6. Hope International.
7. Sunday nights with the gang! and beating everyone at Mexican train! ;)
8. Iskender and Cheese Pide.
9. Seeing the view of the city and the Bosphorus from my living room window.
10. Saying "Hos Geldin" as people come in the door or saying "Afiyet Olsun" as people begin to eat.
11. Going to the pazaar for fresh fruit. I especially miss the cherries this time of year! and I miss the cheap stuff I could buy - clothes, yufka, purses, etc.
12. Riding on hot, over crowded buses for over an hour. Just kidding! I don't miss that!