Thursday, February 21, 2008

I pumped my own gas today!

For the first time in over a year I pumped my own gas. Probably over the past 6 1/2 years I could count on one hand the number of times I've pumped my own gas. It was only when I came to the states that I did do any pumping. Thankfully, Turkey had full service gas stations which was so nice. So why did we get rid of full service gas stations in America? I guess someone thought they could do it faster if they did it themselves. I guess that's why we have self check-out lanes at the grocery stores now. Well I'm all for full service gas stations!

5 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

i agree. i still get a little nervous when i pump gas (7 months later) b/c i'm afraid i'm going to somehow mess it up! i miss the days when all you had to do was say "FULL"!

Kim for the Kings said...

Well, actually, many parts of Boston (including where we live) still have only full service gas stations. Believe me, I LOVE IT! :) Come visit sometime, and I'll let you relive full service gas stations! LOL!

Deanna said...

Amen sister! The first time we went back I just stood there and looked at the pump thinking "I think there is a switch or a button...."

Gina said...

My mom always went to 'full service' stations when were growing up, so before I got married one of my future sister-in-law's taught me how to pump my own gas! I like the pump handles that shut themselves off. The other way was SO messy!!

Rebecca said...

I thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...you could go to New Jersey to visit my folks where the only way to get gas is full-service. Some law about emissions or something. Anyway, It's great - two points for the northerners!