Sunday, September 09, 2007

Love that Chicken from Popeyes!

Yes you read correctly - Popeyes! Popeyes has come to Istanbul! Yahoo!!! We are so excited! On Friday Billy and I went on a date to a new mall that just opened because we heard a Popeyes was going in so we wanted to see for ourselves. When we got there it looked open but they were just doing some training and doing some finishing touches. We met the Vice President of Field Services and a few others from New Orleans and Atlanta. They took our picture and gave us some jambalaya. It was good minus the sausage. But it did taste pretty close to the real thing! So on Sunday they opened and instead of going to our regular place we went to Popeyes. And it was really good. The biscuits would melt in your mouth. Everyone kept going back and getting more! So that was our fun for the weekend! Love that chicken from Popeyes! (for those of you from Louisiana I know you are singing that in your head!)

Billy in line getting our Popeyes...also you can see all the Americans. There were at least 30 of us that went after church!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

6 comments:

rindy said...

oh my gosh! I don't believe it. what a radom restaraunt to open! and, thanks, now i'm going to have that song in my head all day! haha.

Rebecca said...

So very much fun! Congratulations on Popeyes Spicy Chicken! And BTW - I really LOVE your new hairdo, especially the way YOU styled it. :)

Natalie said...

I can't wait for one to come to Ankara! Yum Yum!

Whitney said...

No Chinese food on Sunday...LAME! I guess Popeyes was an acceptable break in the routine. I realized I hadn't blog-stocked you guys in a while so I had some catching up to do. I'm excited for the baby! I miss you guys!

Eric Crawford said...

Hey, it looks like I'll be coming with a short term team from Cornerstone from October 27th - November 4th. Me and one other guy are going to stay until the 6th or 7th. Do you want to take us to the Uskudar hamam Billy? We would love it. I'll let you know of the final dates when I know them. But just a heads up. We'll still go even if you are not able to make it. But it would be fun to hang out with you while getting worked over by big hairy Turkish guys.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I have never heard of such-a-kind-of-place "Popeye's". Do you suppose you could post a video of you singing the jingle? (I would especially like it if you used the egg noisemaker as back up.)